The research group led by Prof. Manela Glacher is conducting an integrative literature review, titled Caregivers' perspectives on ethical challenges and patient safety in telepalliative care: an integrative review.
- What kind of opportunities of telepalliative care for caregivers are reported in the international literature?
- Which ethical challenges in the use of telepalliative care are reported by caregivers?
- How does the use of telepalliative care affect patient safety from the caregivers' perspective?
The electronic databases CINAHL, Cochrane Database, PubMed, and Web of Science will be searched for relevant peer-reviewed journal articles published on or after January 1st, 2010.
Results are expected to be published in the first quarter of 2022.
Additional publishing activities in WHO-Tor 3-Team
As a pre-result of the review process, two publications with high practical relevance were identified, the first of which is a short dictionary with explanations of eHealth terms in lay language and the second one gives a short overview on Tele-Palliative-Care interventions from all over the globe.
These are the publications in German, translated into English:
- Schüßler, N., & Klösch, M. (2021). Finding one's way in the electronic thicket - terms and concepts of digitization simply explained. Supplement in pflegen Palliativ, 51(Technology&Digitization), 1-37.
- Schüßler, N., Klösch, M., & Glarcher, M. (2021). Tele-palliative care. An ethical discussion on the introduction of digital applications. pflegen Palliativ, 51(Technology&Digitalization), 37-39.